Novaster is a Spanish independent partnership of actuaries and pension consultants that began in 1985.
Novaster integrates the efforts and experience gained over almost 30 years in the different fields of consultancy applied to the business environment. Novaster offers a broad geographical coverage both in Europe and Latin America, as well as direct and personal attention to our clients.
Novaster has actively participated in the development of social benefits for Spain and Latin America, advising both Governments and private companies in design, development and management of pension systems, and regulators in issuing legislation and training.
Novaster also advises Pension Fund Managers as well as the Board of Directors of Pension Funds.
Novaster is also specialized in training inside areas where we have extensive experience and knowledge. Our procedures are clearly results focused. Our training system gives priority to useful targets always supported by legal terms and conditions which are constantly updated.
Novaster in Latin America
Novaster has actively participated in the development of Pension Plans in Latin America, providing consultancy to both regulators and pension funds managers and pension plan sponsors.
Novaster has focused in countries belonging to the International Association of Supervisory Bodies Pension Funds (AIOS): Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Dominican Republic and Uruguay.
In Latin America Novaster offers its full range of services, but especially focuses on:
- Regulation of benefit payments, actuarial and risks issues (for regulators)
- Risk Control of Pension Funds
- Pension Funds Governance
- Actuarial valuations
- Design of local pension plans for multinational companies
- Risk Control
- Investment Policies, Asset Allocation and Performance Attribution
- Alternative Investment
- Pension Fund Managers, Insurance Companies, HR departments
- Pension schemes for private companies
Our aim is to give the best advice to our clients. Novaster takes care of its consultants profile, guaranteeing:
- Proven expertise and skills
- Continued training and professional development by Novaster
- Minimum experience of 7 years for consultants with direct responsibilities with clients
Novaster has a Code of Ethics where the main values are:
- Honesty (legal compliance, loyalty, confidentiality, integrity)
- Professional attitude (transparency, client focused, quality, innovation, training, relationship with stakeholders)
- Responsibility (universal principles for Human Rights, Labour Rights, Environment)
We really believe in incorporating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices in our daily tasks, especially for pension funds. Therefore, Novaster is:
- Signatory to Principles of Responsible Investment of the United Nations UN-PRI (first pension consultant in Spain)
- Signatory to UN Global Compact
- Founder of Spainsif, the Forum of Social Responsible Investment in Spain (linked with other European SIF)