RZP in its present form was founded in 1986, when two actuarial firms in Hamburg decided to merge. Nevertheless, the firm's roots go back almost 70 years, to when Rudolf Meisch and Julius Ischebeck went into business as independent actuaries in the late 1940s. Some of their original clients are still with us today.
RZP is an independent partnership wholly owned by its partners, all practising actuaries. Today, we have four partners, and a staff of thirty-two people - including twenty qualified or graduate actuaries, and three lawyers.
We provide the following main services for our clients - based on independent and objective advice:
- Full actuarial and consultancy services to book reserve plans (‘Direktzusagen’), support funds (‘Unterstützungskassen’), direct insurances (‘Direktversicherungen’), staff pension funds (‘Pensionskassen’) and pension funds (‘Pensionsfonds’).
- Advice on labour laws, tax laws, insolvency laws and social security arrangements with respect to pension matters.
- For non-insured pension schemes we look for appropriate reinsurance coverage.
- When an employer wants to set up a new pension plan or to change their existing plan we help to set and achieve objectives in plan design, costs and valuations, and to reach the plan members through various communication channels.
- We carry out calculations for IAS19, FAS87, FRS17 and SSAP24 purposes.
- Advice on due diligence processes (with respect to the recognition of pension plans in mergers and acquisitons).
- We also provide a full range of administrative services from one-off calculations to day-to-day administration.
- For any special services not directly provided by ourselves, we use carefully selected co-operation partners.
Each client is looked after by a team headed by one of the partners, using a modern computer network and a range of self-developed, purpose-designed software. Each team member is fully involved on behalf of the clients at every stage. This ensures that all staff are skilled, experienced and thoroughly conversant with the work of a consulting actuary in all its aspects.